Monday, September 5, 2011

The Flip Side of Losing Someone

I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago whose dad had just died and right after, things really started opening up in her ministry. I said "I don't know if you noticed this, or if there's something in scripture about it and i just learned the hard way, but I've noticed that whenever somebody dies, there's a greater release for the living. You can take a giant step forward if you're willing to."

She said "It is in the Bible and it is John 12:24
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels--a plentiful harvest of new lives."

Smith Wigglesworth didn't wanna say why God was using him so mightly. It was actually his wife that was the better speaker and one day, she went to be with the Lord and it was at that point, that Wigglesworth's ministry had a new sweetness. A new power and anointing.

So it's bittersweet. But I've watched it play out over and over again. In our weakness, God shows His strength. I'm in no way saying that He kills people for a greater good. It's more like sticking it to Satan. He works all things together for our good. No where in that verse does it say that all things are good. People have had a tendency to try and make bad things into some kind of lesson or reason or justification why a just and loving God would do this to them. I'm not doing that here. Bad things happen to good people without it being God's will. I hear so much stuff that I can't remember who said what, but someone had a vision of the stoning of Steven. He said that God said to Satan when Steven died, "That one's gonna cost you." Then as we all know Saul got apprehended and became Paul. That's a story that stuck with me. I definitely see the cause and effect there.

No comments:

Post a Comment